|Project by Hix||posted 05-11-2010 05:30 AM||1943 views||0 times favorited||7 comments|
I’ve been busy with other things over the last few months and have not had alot of time to turn. I fixed that tonight. The two on the left are cactus skeletons in resin. The red one is cast in a red resin, the black one is in a clear resin. The tubes are painted to hide them and in the inside of the blank is also painted. The clear/black one gives a great 3-D effect that has endless possibilities. I am looking forward to doing some experimentation on more of those. The finish is really easy: turn, sand to 400, seal w/ CA, resand w/ 400, buff w/ EEE and WD then plastic polish.
The one on the far right is Trustone. It is very hard. I made it about a month ago and it has become my daily pen. It was turned, sanded and buffed.
The photos are not the greatest, I did not want to drag out the lights. As always, thank you for your input.
-- ---call me---- Mark