|Project by Canexican||posted 1312 days ago||2048 views||1 time favorited||3 comments|
Well here is my entry for the Gorilla Glue challenge. I made this spice cabinet for my wife as a gift for Mothers Day. I had to give it to her early because of the contest deadline, she was very happy with it. I saw a similar project in a Fine Homebuilding magazine a couple of months ago.
Materials that I used;
• Gorilla Wood Glue
• Bead Board siding that I removed from a old building that was on my property, that I had to dismantle
• Old exterior trim board that were removed from my house last year, both poplar and ash as I found out after running them through my planer. I ran a metal detector over them before planing.
• All fasteners were taken out of my “Honey Pail” shown at the bottom of the 3rd picture
• Old window that was taken out of my house when I remolded our mud room
• Drawer slide were reused from a dresser that I dismantled a couple years ago
• A piece of tin that I had laying around that I cut to size and painted it with Chalk Board paint that my wife bought 3 years ago and used once.
• Shelf pins were made from used gas welding rods from a local welding shop.