|Project by Bobby||posted 1314 days ago||1123 views||2 times favorited||6 comments|
Well… after 2 months of trying to find some dedicated time to spend working on these, they’re finally done. It’s a good thing I didn’t have a deadline.
Seeing as she wanted them painted, the cost was minimal. It is made of 3/4 ply, some pine (facing) The backs were the real money saver. I used 1×3 spruce – the stuff that you would use to nail siding to. It’s less than a buck a board. Yes… a lot more work involved – I planed it down to 1/2” and then used the router on the edges. But as I said… there was no deadline. I actually enjoyed the extra work. The thing about using spruce is that you have to use it as soon as you get home with it. This stuff will warp and twist overnight.
And so one project is done and another one is starting. I swear my better half lays awake at night dreaming up things she wants me to do. I finished the wall units on Monday and have been instructed to start the new deck – today.
-- Silence is golden... duct tape is silver