|Project by 865||posted 03-27-2017 04:27 PM||529 views||2 times favorited||7 comments|
First attempt at a waterfall design. I had the joints fitting nicely, but when I went to glue them up I could not get the same fit. Oh well, it was a learning experience. I started out with a 8’x22”x2.5” slab. I planned the slab down to 2” with a router, than sanded it smooth. I cut the 45 mitres with a skill saw and guide. However, I do not have a large enough skill saw, so I finished the cut with a hand saw. I then cut a grove in each piece with a 1/2” router bit and placed a 1/2” x 3//4” strip of wood in the joint to act as biscuit joint (i’m sure there is a better name for that).
I highly recomend getting a larger saw for this. Hopefully I can sell this table and buy the proper saw before i build another. I put a couple coats of shellac on it to seal it, but I haven’t decided how I should finish it. I can always sand off the shellac (i think). Any recomendations on a finish.
-- Woodworking minus patience equals firewood