|Project by Threeseamonsters||posted 04-14-2010 03:31 PM||1964 views||12 times favorited||14 comments|
I am working on a new series of bowls to sell at a craft show in my home town. I wanted them to have a spring theme.
I turned 6 Ash bowls and carved three small feet on each. One got too thin and split apart on the lathe. I turned off the broken rim and was left with an odd shape that didn’t quite go with the others. So I boiled it and bent it back into an undulating rim and clamped it in rubber bands for a few days and I like how it came out.
So far, I’ve finished three of them. One I left natural and just finished with shellac. The other two I dyed and burned and painted. I have 3 more to play with and I’m just improvising as I go, so I don’t know what they will become yet!
Thanks for looking!