|Project by Daren Nelson||posted 10-17-2007 03:13 AM||1609 views||1 time favorited||14 comments|
I see a trend towards posting handplanes we made/fixed…I like it. I am working on several, I will post an “experimental” in a few days. I found an old Stanley Bailey 28, it seemed to be trash. It looked like it had been thrown in a bucket of used motor oil and left, the wood was ruined. Really that could not have been a better thing, the steel was like new. I took the iron and made a repro wood body and handles from walnut and cherry. It works very well, I don’t think it looks too bad either. I made some changes to suit me in the push.