|Project by llewel||posted 03-01-2017 09:40 PM||247 views||1 time favorited||4 comments|
This is a rocking horse that I built from a pattern that my Dad had purchased. As I recall the horse’s name was Merrilegs. Their design called for using fake fur for the mane and tail. I stumbled across a roofing tar mop in a lumber yard called Furrows Lumber (now out of business) that had multicolored strings. I took it apart and removed all of the orange strings and made the mane and tail out of that. My wife quilted the seat cover and the ears are fashioned of leather from an old red leather coat she had found in a junk store somewhere. The overall length on this guys is about 50”. I stained the rockers and lower members, brush painted him with red enamel. I think he came out pretty nice. He now adorns my family room.
-- Llewel, Texas