|Project by NBeener||posted 03-28-2010 01:37 AM||1342 views||0 times favorited||13 comments|
Considering this was NOT a particularly difficult piece to build … it SURE took me long enough to do it :-)
This is the one that got banged up by the electricians, and that they—honorably—fixed.
Turns out … they broke the mirror, too (bad luck for them!). I didn’t notice that until last week. They just took a chunk out of one corner, but … luckily … it’s hidden by the frame.
It’s a mirror.
It’s awfully heavy !
I used my go-to finish: Watco Danish Oil, in “Natural.”
Two flood coats, brushed on. Each sat for about 30 minutes, before being wiped off.
Let dry overnight.
Then, a coat applied with 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper. That gets wiped off, before it gets tacky.
For the moment, LOML says “no shiny stuff,” so … no urethane in its future.
I’ll probably give it a week to “air out,” and then hit it with a couple of coats of paste wax.
Meanwhile … I give to you … [drum roll] .. the Tall Oak Mirror!
Thanks for looking!
-- -- Neil