|Project by firefighterontheside||posted 02-10-2017 09:50 PM||1783 views||4 times favorited||22 comments|
I made this new fence to replace the original Rockler fence. It wasn’t tall enough to use the coping sled that I built.
My design was based on several pictures of fences I saw. I had these HDPE pieces that were about 4” wide and 1” thick. I found out that it is easily planed, jointed and cut. The lower pieces slide in and out. The top piece is fixed. Overall it is 8” tall and 32” wide. I initially planned to use melamine, but didn’t like how it looked. Then I thought about laminating some mdf, but could only get laminate that looked like stone. Finally I thought about the HDPE and I’m glad I did.
-- Bill M. "People change, walnut doesn't" by Gene.