|Project by David Murray||posted 03-22-2010 03:05 AM||1331 views||0 times favorited||6 comments|
This is my latest project. I built this for a wedding gift for my nephew. hopefully this will be a functional piece in their house for many years in the future.
I used milk paint and sanded it with 400 grit sandpaper to try to give a antique look (not sure I was sucessfull or not). Then I applied 2 coats of shellac to everything except the top. I used 4 coats of Spar Urethane on top. Hopefully it will hold up to kitchen use better. Now to make one for my wife. Thanks for looking.
-- Dave from "The Sawdust Shed"