|Project by bobasaurus||posted 03-20-2010 06:55 AM||1792 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
I redid the horrible window trim in my bedroom and bathroom while insulating (w/ spray expanding foam) some large gaps around the windows (the gaps can be seen in the last picture). I used pine moulding and cheap pine ply from the local Home Depot, so nothing fancy material-wise. The large scale of the window pieces, the very out-of-square framing of my house, and the huge amount of sanding involved (mostly on that horrible plywood) made this project draw on seemingly forever. It’s now completed and keeps my room nice and warm. I used two coats of minwax tung oil finish rubbed on with cheesecloth.
-- Allen, Colorado (Instagram @bobasaurus_woodworking)