|Project by JeffS||posted 03-17-2010 04:41 PM||9736 views||7 times favorited||12 comments|
After many months, I finally installed the last piece of molding in our dining room today. For anyone that wants to see the entire transformation from living room to dining room, which included knocking down exterior walls, I started a blog on the home refurbers site. http://homerefurbers.com/members/JeffS/blog/series/75
I made the entire raised panel system out of 8 sheets of MDF. For the ease of installation, I based the design off of Norm’s New Yankee Workshop raised panel plans. The frame is joined with pocket screws, the panels inset in the frame with an 1/8” gap between the panel and frame, which I covered with a small piece of quarter round molding.
The panels (32 of them!) took a few evenings at the router table to get into shape. I ended up taking 3 lighter passes to keep the router bit from getting to hot.
Now I just have to finish filling the holes and put on the final coat of paint! This project has been 15 months in the making. thanks for looking.