|Project by jayjay||posted 03-16-2010 04:27 AM||1957 views||5 times favorited||11 comments|
I just wanted to share my latest project. This is one of five humidors I’m building for some friends. It’s constructed from Cherry, Walnut, and lined with Spanish Cedar. I used 4/4 and 6/4 lumber which I re-sawed and planed to finish thickness. I wet sanded with three coats of danish oil, one light coat of shellac, and buffed with two coats of paste wax. I chose to make the feet out of copper, which I turned out on a lathe. I felt that the copper contrasted with the cherry and walnut a little better than brass would. The corner edging is inlayed with walnut all around, ant the top is book matched walnut. The folks I’m building these for requested that they not have hinged lids, for whatever reason they prefer pull off tops. That’s less work for me, so I’m good with that….: )All in all it took about 14 hrs to build start to finish.
Any constructive criticism is welcome.
-- ~Jason~ , Albuquerque NM