|Project by hairy||posted 03-13-2010 08:46 PM||8506 views||19 times favorited||6 comments|
This was in the latest issue of Woodturning Design magazine. What I did differently was to adapt the Wolverine base to it.
It’s made from an old waterbed frame from many years ago, just glued and screwed together. The sander is set at a 45 degree angle. I did play around with making the base angle adjustable, that was a waste of time.
I’m still toying with it, but it seems to work ok. It won’t burn up any metal, but it does seem to raise a burr. This could be an option in some situations. Zero dollars out of pocket is always nice.
The center of the base is the sweet spot, there is a metal plate under the sanding belt there. The ends are pretty much unusable because of the rollers. The sandpaper is unsupported.
I sharpened some tools and made a cookie cutter. Cherry with mineral oil.
-- on Wednesday's I go shopping, and have buttered scones for tea...