|Project by woody57||posted 03-11-2010 06:45 PM||22565 views||87 times favorited||37 comments|
I got the idea from mreza (mini-cyclone shopvac modification). The main differences are that I chose to buy a dust deputy cyclone instead of making my own and I stacked the vacuum chamber directly over the cyclone. It is taller than most, but the weight of the 3/4” plywood gives it good balance plus the dust is captured at the very bottom.
I caulked the box with silicone and sealed the lid and vac motor housing with weather stripping. I also used silicone on the upper and lower connections on the dust deputy.
This thing really works well. After vacuuming my shop floor I had almost no dust at all in the upper chamber, where the filter is.
-- Emmett, from Georgia