|Project by Gar||posted 03-09-2010 07:41 AM||1864 views||2 times favorited||3 comments|
The bench was ther when we moved in. It was just some 2×4 with 3 shelf. The guy that lived here before was not verry handy to say the least. But it worked for my lathe. It only had a piece of 1/2 ply for a top. This let my lathe vibrate to much for my liking. So the other day I set to work on it. On top of the 1/2 ply I put some old oak 2×12 I had and a sheet of melimean ( didn’t spell that right but owell). Then I put a face in the shelfs and some doors. I wish I had some before and after pic. Man what a change. After beefing up the top the lathe was to high so I had to make a platform to stand on to get the right hight. And as for vibration there is none at all.