This isn’t really a woodworking project but definitely relates to it.
Through a lousy ebay experience I found myself the owner of a Delta T2 fence with no rails. I decided to make custom rails to fit my older Craftsman TS. I used 1 1/2” angle for the back rail, 2 1/2” angle and 2” square tube for the front rails. Rather than paint them, I took them in and had a guy powder coat them. After several days after work of adjusting and fine-tuning, I have my saw cutting inside of 0.001”. I was really surprised how easy it was to work with the steel. It’s the first time I worked with metal since my junior high shop class.