|Project by Troy||posted 02-27-2010 09:07 PM||2264 views||11 times favorited||13 comments|
About 4 years after making a Morris Chair, I finally got the matching ottoman complete.
It took about two weeks to complete, mostly waiting on the sewing. My supplier had some nice QSWO to pick
through and the results were decent considering I didn’t conduct any fleck enhancing finishing processes. The leather and finish are slightly off from the chair, but only if you look somewhat closely, esp since it’s a separate piece. I hope it’ll even out more as it sits in sunlight.
Making this gave me my first chance to use my new 1 1/2 HP Grizzly mortiser machine. I got some good Japanese HSS chisels for it and after a couple adjustments, I was grinding out through-mortises easily.
Without a doubt, a Morris Chair is never complete without an ottoman. The chair was 50% usable before; now it’s 100% naturally comfortable.
Thanks for looking.
-- Troy Bouffard || Master Sergeant, US Army (Retired) || http://www.birchhillwoodcrafts.com