|Project by Ollie||posted 02-27-2010 08:38 PM||1161 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
This is a little project I completed this week for a friend of mine.
The cupboard was just an open alcove and they wanted to enclose it.
I picked up some reclaimed floorboards from a local reclamation yard quite cheap, I bought extra to patch in the floor as well.
Then I measured the space inside the frame and started to make the doors, I left the sanding until the end to get a smooth finish on the face of the doors.
I screwed the ledges from the the back of the door, then put in pins at opposing angles from the front for extra strength. I went for 4 ledges for good stability and used magnets for the catch.
I could not resist adding a bit of glue even though you are not supposed to but I just put a blob per plank so any expansion shouldn`t cause any twist I hope.
The floor needed a few patches and then I sanded it for about a day with my large makita belt sander, it came out ok considering its poor condition originally. The client is happy.
-- Ollie, UK.