|Project by dakremer||posted 02-27-2010 05:43 AM||12592 views||79 times favorited||20 comments|
This is a shopmade clamp I made a couple of days ago. It works awesome!! On the third pic, it is clamped to an old damaged coffee table, I was able to pick the table up with the clamp. The only thing i have to change on it (and on future ones) is the “screw in” part – the “wood washer” that touches the piece being clamped is glued and doesn’t rotate freely – this causes it to “walk” when it is being clamped tighter. I have a few ideas on how to fix this, but don’t know if I can explain it. I also want to add some pads on the wood for some better grip. The moveable jaw is locked when at a 90 degree angle, and you can move it up and down the 1×2 when its at a 45 degree angle. I will try and post some pics of the inside of the moveable jaw so you can see how I cut it. Thanks for looking – any questions let me know….Oh yeah, one more thing – its a 4’ long clamp – it cost me less than $5!!!!
-- Hey you dang woodchucks, quit chucking my wood!!!!