|Project by deeman||posted 02-24-2010 08:03 PM||1938 views||2 times favorited||6 comments|
This is a lock I have been working on for around a month and a half. It started out to being hickory but I drilled a hole in the wrong location. So I found a walnut 4×4 and used it. I used my new bandsaw to resaw the parts for the front and back. The center is cherry. The shackle and key hole cover is maple. The key is birch dowel with walnut ring and purple heart tab. For the finish I used Arm R Seal for the first time, I usually use Minwax wipe on poly. I like the Arm R Seal. Last night I watched Pop Goes The Maple from the WoodWhisperer, I wish I had seen it before I finished the lock I would have liked to try that on the maple.
-- Dennis Trenton Ohio And life is worth the living just because He lives!