|Project by doubleDD||posted 12-19-2016 08:50 PM||1000 views||0 times favorited||39 comments|
I started this from a piece of Maple burl that looked to be nothing but a bug ridden fire log. I kept cutting pieces off until I saw a possible bowl. Well it worked out fine. The second picture shows a piece cut off as I started.
I thought it would be a Christmas gift but may end up keeping it.
It’s 5’’ in diameter and 3 1/2’’ tall. Two coats of danish oil and buffed.
What I thought to be a waste, ended up to be one of the more stable burls I have done.
Thanks for looking.
-- Dave, Downers Grove, Il. -------- When you run out of ideas, start building your dreams.