|Project by Dusty56||posted 1395 days ago||6139 views||14 times favorited||26 comments|
I was going to purchase a second “cyclone” lid from WoodCraft , but decided to make my own instead by gluing up a panel made from Pine leftovers. I made two panels just wide enough to fit through my planer , and then joined them together with glue and threw in some pocket hole screws just in case the middle was weakened by the 4” hole in it. I then made a circle cutting jig for my Bandsaw and cut the panel to size and as seen in the third picture , I routed a groove in the underside of it to accept the rim of the 30 gallon metal trash can. I got the connectors and elbows from WoodCraft along with a new 10’ section of 4” hose.I also went with fellow LJ fredf to HarborFreight and purchased a cheapy hole saw kit to bore the 4” holes with.
The groove provides an airtight seal ( no leakage at this time ) when I turn the DC on and as you can see in the 5th picture , it works ! : ) I connected it in series with my other seperator to check for escapees , and am glad to say that none were found in the second barrel or the bag of the dust collector.
At this point , I don’t find it necessary to add the “Theil” baffle to this model. : )
Thanks for checking this out and have a great day !
-- When you arrive at my front door, please knock softly but firmly. I like soft , firm, knockers : )