|Project by Jon Spelbring||posted 02-21-2010 12:31 AM||2048 views||2 times favorited||17 comments|
Since I have a decent bandsaw, I thought I’d take a stab at bandsawn boxes. This was last April. I used some patterns from a book – I wanted to get a few under my belt before I tried my own designs. Overall, it didn’t go too badly. The only one that I seriously messed up on was the Walnut one (my first). Next came a Cherry, and lastly a Butternut. It was fun, and I plan to make more, now that I know some of the “gotchas”. Plus, I recently picked up one of the Carter stabilizer guides. We’ll see how it goes.
If I remember right, the walnut box is finished with Watco oil, and on the other two I used the Beal buffing system (wax).
Thanks for looking!
-- To do is to be