|Project by mafe||posted 12-06-2016 08:50 PM||1199 views||1 time favorited||8 comments|
Hook tools for pole lathe
museum tools back to life
The summer 2015 I bought some old museum tools on a marked.
Two of these tools were a pair of beautiful old hand forged hook tools for bowl turning on a pole lathe.
In the blog I bring back life to these old tools.
You can read more in the blog: http://lumberjocks.com/mafe/blog/98050
1. The two hook tools after restore.
2. The old handle, worms and all.
3. Open and close hook, in the back one I bought from UK.
4. Old ferules on new handles.
5. Shaping the handles.
6. A wee of my home made wax.
Hope this can inspire others to bring back life to old tools.
-- MAD F, the fanatical rhykenologist and vintage architect. Democraticwoodworking.