|Project by Sawdust4Blood||posted 02-17-2010 at 02:00 PM||1642 views||2 times favorited||11 comments|
Tried though I might, I couldn’t get this picture to rotate…sorry. This is an adaptation of a project in “Wood” magazine that the wife saw and liked. I made some structural changes for strength. For the shelves, I used a tongue and groove bit to stub tenon together and continued the tongue full length to hold the 1/4 glass insert. Side panels are mortised and tenoned and the sides are doweled to the top and bottom. Finish is transtint dye, crystalac grain filler, shellac, and lacquer.
-- Greg, Severn MD