|Project by rtbrmb||posted 11-30-2016 05:02 AM||1432 views||5 times favorited||6 comments|
I bought my mortise machine several years ago (Craftsman) from an estate & all the attachments/bits were in a cardboard box. It had been so long that the tape was coming off the box-thus the necessity of some type of storage.
I used scrap oak (1/4 sawn) for the majority of the wood & added a band of maple/walnut towards the bottom to add some height. The bottom is sub-flooring left over from a bathroom remodel 2 years ago. With the foam, hinges and latch I have about $4 into this build.
This is the first time I used vertical splines (pic #4) for a box. The finish is GF seal-a-cell, walnut gel stain, GF satin & renaissance wax.
Thanks for looking.