|Project by BB1||posted 11-23-2016 06:59 PM||400 views||5 times favorited||13 comments|
Made this for a friend who gave me some walnut (tree from his farm). The sides are hickory and then used walnut for the corners and top. The top was from one board that I cut into strips to allow me to make the opening by gluing back the pieces (with a center section removed of course). Ends up looking as if I figured out how to make a center opening in a solid piece (which i did not!). Routered the edge so the top fit into the base with a snug fit. Intended to use GF High Performance but grabbed a can of GF Exterior 450 by mistake. Oh well, looks fine and should be extra durable!