|Project by jeffswildwood||posted 11-20-2016 01:38 PM||369 views||0 times favorited||8 comments|
This is another picture frame I just finished. I am proud of the way the miters came out this time. The 45 has always been my Achilles heel, always seem to have trouble with them. I tried something new this time and it came out great. First I installed a new Irwin marples blade on my miter saw, then gave it a good calibration. When I made the cuts, angles on the left side of the blade I labeled “A”. The right side I labeled “B”. Then in assembly I matched A to B. I then cut a cove around the outside of the frame. This was my Son’s idea. Made from Pine board and stained with provincial stain. Three coats of gloss polyurethane. The picture is of Molly, a cat we sadly lost earlier in the year. I really enjoyed making this frame for my Son as he does all my project photography. Thanks for looking!
-- We all make mistakes, the trick is to fix it in a way thats says "I meant to do that".