|Project by MrLaughingbrook||posted 11-19-2016 01:53 PM||516 views||0 times favorited||1 comment|
I accumulated a few platens for veneer pressing and hope to keep them flat. The rack is for hanging them on the wall in a low stress position. The tiers accommodate 13/16 thick melamine boards hanging on 1/4” pegs. A shelf on the top is a perfect place to store small stock.
- 52” long
- The first tier is close to the wall to save space, 1/4” ply with holes to guide my drill into the studs for 1/4” dowels
- A french cleat format the next tier and is attached to the wall with 1/4” lag bolts through to the wall studs.
- The third tier has a shelf and end caps
- Platen rack, multi-tier with shelf
- Platen rack, multi-tier
- Platen rack, cross section
- Platen rack, french cleat
- Platen rack, assembled on wall