|Project by Wade||posted 1666 days ago||3056 views||1 time favorited||16 comments|
First try at inlaying turqouise and silver solder… I HATE IT!!! Even though I hate the way this looks I did learn alot. First DO NOT USE EPOXY. Eposy worked OK for inlaying the turquoise rocks but not the turquoise powder or the silver solder. Good old fashioned super glue (CY) actual brand used was Krazy Glue. I routed out the figures with my dremel and just started mixing epoxy and pushin in the rocks. For the solder I just used a regular soldering iron to melt the solder into the void. when the solder cooled I pryed it out and put it back in place with epoxy (didn’t hold after i commenced to sanding) SANDING… what a pain… started out with a grinder on my dremel… didn’t work… tried the belt sander… didn’t work…moved on to my sonicrafter with a grinding attachment… THAT WORKED for removing the bulk of the excess. Went on to use 60 grit on my palm sander and went through the grits till I got up to 220 grit then went to hand sanding up through 600 grit. Stain was Walnut finished with Minwax Satin Poly. Oh… the boards (Pine) were something I had glued up years ago and found it under a pile of stuff in my garage. Next time I’ll do some things different. Thanks for looking at this mess of a project.
-- " I do what the vioces in my head tell me to do...HAHA"