|Project by Bertha||posted 11-09-2016 03:38 PM||1142 views||2 times favorited||20 comments|
This was supposed to be a linen press but I ran out of wood. So I took the linen and the press out and made a chest. I wrote a blog about it here so you can check it out if you’d like details. This chest is salvaged wormy chestnut from a barn teardown. It was in rough shape and milling consumed at least half of it (hence the running out of wood). It was built with a combination of hand and power tools and there are no fasteners whatsoever. It has hand cut sliding dovetail rail/stile drawer dividers with dust panels. The drawers are 3/4 with halves on the front and 1/2 with fulls on the back. Drawer bottoms are 3/8 raised panels. The rail and stile construction was done with power. The feet are small brackets with a laminated core. Everything is hide glue except the feet. The back is shiplapped and beaded. The back, drawer bottoms, and feet are pinned with dowels. The finish is tung oil, burnished with wax. Oh yeah, there are leather pads on the feet. It was a fun/long project and I made four 55 gallon drums worth of shavings. Thanks for looking!
-- My dad and I built a 65 chev pick up.I killed trannys in that thing for some reason-Hog