|Project by Mosquito||posted 10-30-2016 04:35 PM||834 views||0 times favorited||17 comments|
Made with only hand tools out of red oak, and used espresso stain, followed by an outdoor spar urethane finish.
I hated working with the finish, and will probably not use it again. I’ll most likely stick to regular Arm-R-Seal instead. I went with the outdoor poly figuring it would have better protection from water from things like wet shoes, but I could be wrong there anyway.
After having gone through 2 of those cheap box store pressed particle board screw together jobbies, (one broke when my father in law was putting his shoes on using it, and the same thing to me), I decided to just build one that would hopefully last a little longer. The dovetailed cross piece in the back is there to help add stability against racking forces.