|Project by GeneFK||posted 02-03-2010 04:17 PM||1300 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
This was made of 3/4” Red Oak Plywood and solid Red Oak Trim, with a large brass piano hinge and heavy brass hardware. It needed to be very sturdy to hold a large quantity of books and magazines. It is used to house the Library of the Omaha Philatelic Society which meets in a church basement. The portable library has large, 5” wheels to move it in and out of a storeroom. When first constructed it had 3” wheels and they proved to be too small for the task. It is free standing on its 8 wheels and swings open for access and closes and locks in a compact box for storage. It is 4’ wide, 5’ + high and 2’ deep when closed.