|Project by Mike_D_S||posted 10-27-2016 05:06 AM||401 views||3 times favorited||5 comments|
I picked up the Drunken Woodworker bandsaw box book on a whim at Woodcraft several months ago. I had glued up a bunch of blanks but hadn’t done anything with them yet.
I finally got around to making some bandsaw boxes out of the blanks. I made a few mistakes along the way, mostly involving rough cuts due to using raker set blades which required some sanding for good glue ups.
So here are my first three bandsaw boxes following some of the DW designs in the book.
The one on the left is African Mahogany, the middle is Peruvian Alder and the right one is a nice piece of figured Walnut I had laying around. They use BB laminates following the DW book and because I just like the look, though my blank glue ups are a little different than the book calls for.
I also turned small handles for the drawers. The left and right ones are out of matching wood, but the middle one I used Ebony for contrast. This is my little addition to the plans from the book.
After looking at the drawers unflocked for a few days, I flocked one as a test and liked it, so I did the rest.
Thanks for looking,
-- No honey, that's not new, I've had that forever......