|Project by RoccoD||posted 09-26-2016 04:07 AM||460 views||0 times favorited||2 comments|
This a project in which we had 2 existing shelf units that were on the floor, and out from the wall due to the baseboard heating. Instead of buying new and scraping the shelf units, I decided to repurpose them into something useful. So the first picture shows what the original unit looked like. The next one shows how it was expanded and mounted to the wall will a french cleat. the third photo shows the doors I made and mounted for that unit. The fourth and fifth photos show the other wall unit. Notice that the bottom slides up. There are no mechanics to this, just wood. The last photo shows both units mounted and trimmed out in the completed state.
The doors were constructed by cutting a channel into the poplar pieces in order to accommodate the panels. then a block piece was cut to insert into the channel at the connection points to join all the connected parts of the frame. To insure the connection is strong, I drilled and inserted a screw and plugged the hole with a dowel.
-- Rocco D, Connecticut, firstname.lastname@example.org