|Project by bonesbr549||posted 09-20-2016 06:13 PM||1289 views||2 times favorited||16 comments|
Well as life goes sometimes it smacks you in the teeth. My brother who put food in my mouth as a kid and acted as my mentor growing up and gave me my first job as a teenager, passed away from Cancer 8/13. it came on fast and I just thank God for the years we got to be together.
While discussing arrangements my Sister in law showed me a box for his ashes from the funeral home and I was aghast. I asked if it would be ok If I did one.
My older brother who also does woodwork was in for the funeral and so we set out together. My two teenage son’s also participated. My Youngest helped with design and my oldest who just recently found the love of woodworking, provided the maple top/bottom from another project.
I encorporated into the design as much of him as I could.
1) The combat infantry badge relief from his service in Vietnam
2) Drapery – to show the sadness I feel
3) Interlocking wedding rings relief from his 47 years of marriage
4) The American Flag relief as he loved his country and VFW post
5) Finally a Beer mug relief as he loved a good gold beer and we had quite a few together
Materials: Cherry & Maple
The lid was attached via Rare earth magnets and the finsih is a simple 3 coats of lacquer
Front /sides graphics via V-Carve pro 8.5
CNC = CNC Routerparts 48×96. (first project done on the machine)
From Start to finish was 4 days.
-- Sooner or later Liberals run out of other people's money.