|Project by Halc||posted 09-19-2016 01:35 AM||1041 views||7 times favorited||16 comments|
It’s solid cherry with soft maple for the drawers. I used draw-bored mortises and tenons to attach the legs and aprons. The top has breadboard ends and the drawers have half-blind dovetails at the front and through dovetails at the back. I also made my own drawer pulls.
During final prep of the shelf I discovered a check in the end of one of the boards. I used a butterfly patch on the bottom side as a repair.
The last photo shows the table upside down just after I attached the top and the shelf. Earlier in the build I decided to use a fifth leg to help support the weight of the drawers. It’s on a screw and is adjustable. The drawers are close to the floor and the fifth leg won’t show.
The finish is two coats of a 1 lb. cut of Zinsser Sealcoat followed by several coats of General Finishes satin Arm R Seal.