|Project by clieb91||posted 09-10-2016 01:50 PM||1072 views||0 times favorited||7 comments|
No idea what is up with the pics. Tried several things to get them the proper orientation.
But besides that, last weekend was our annual cul-de-sac party and I have been wanting to make an oversized jenga game for a while now. Seemed like the perfect time. Started out with 8 of the straightest 2×4s I could find. As shown in the third pic I was able to get the initial stack to 36” high. The final one after sanding and looking over a few of the pieces more carefully was around 32”.
The family and neighbors had a blast playing with it and we pulled it out last night when my nieces visited. Have noticed that some of the pieces are drying out over the course of the week and a few small splits have started. I did not do any finish on the pieces as I built it last Sunday morning and the party was that night. As you can imagine a fairly simple project, just glad I have my benchtop sander. Sanding all of those pieces any other way would have taken even longer.
Thanks for looking.
-- Chris L. "Don't Dream it, Be it."- PortablePastimes.com (Purveyors of Portable Fun and Fidgets)