|Project by hornhunter||posted 01-16-2010 11:34 PM||1729 views||2 times favorited||17 comments|
This is my first woodworking project. I made this last winter for my office/man-cave. What a great excuse to buy tools! The walnut came from a storm damaged tree in my yard. I cut the tree down and helped a friend saw it. The top is 3 boards, book matched, with two-part epoxy for durability. The rest is finished with poly. The birch bark came from a tree my father in-law had taken down at his camp in the Adirondacks and is glued to birch plywood. The leftover plywood was used for the drawers, fully extending with file folders in the bottom. Thanks for looking.
-- Dean, Kinderhook, New York