|Project by TZH||posted 09-01-2016 10:00 PM||1106 views||1 time favorited||15 comments|
Awhile back, I shared a project I really screwed up on. It made the daily top three (Really Don't Like My Photographer) which I’m almost ashamed to admit since it wound up being something that had to be replaced. The expansion and contraction cracks I caused with my own lack of experience doing something like that were so bad I could see all the way through them to the floor underneath. Yeah, they were that bad!
I thought I’d get a bit of advice in a forum topic (In my own no sympathy for stupidity Department), and, after a whole lot of really good thoughts, suggestions, and recommendations from fellow LJ’ers, I was ready to get going.
I’m not sure if a replacement tabletop qualifies as a new project, so if I’m in violation of LJ rules and regs, I’d ask the admins to delete this post and let me know where it needs to be.
Anyway, if anyone is interested, I’ve also done a six part series of blog posts in my own Google Blog (Starting Over --- Part 1) detailing what I did to get to the end product shown in the two photos.
The only thing I have left to do is a bunch of research on how to touch up a couple of minor little blemishes in the flood pour before delivery to the very patient, very understanding client in this debacle. Oh, yeah….and then I gotta make those touch ups, too!
All comments welcome.
Thanks for looking.
-- Where The Spirit In Wood Lives On