|Project by KnotCurser||posted 01-11-2010 11:48 PM||3231 views||12 times favorited||17 comments|
Just a quick weekend project – I needed a new blade holder for the scroll saw. I found a source online where I could buy poly-acrylic test tubes fairly cheap so I ordered a couple dozen.
Once they arrived I searched the scrap pile until I found some pretty nice pieces – nothing fancy though.
I clamped together the walnut and the Red Oak and drilled out 12 holes then shaped the maple piece. Wanted it to look decent as it sits directly above the scrollsaw and is the first thing you see when you enter my shop. The base is a lot heavier than it appears in the pics – not top-heavy at all.
Here’s a great tip – If you have to drill something like this with a bunch of holes that need to align, just clamp them together and drill through one into the other – only half the work, you never get tearout and all the holes line up automatically! :-)
Not too bad, if I do say so!
PS: I think this would also make a pretty good “shooter tray” at my next party – I’ll let you know! ;-)
-- Robert Rhoades WoodWorks / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / www.rhoadesclan.com