|Project by DustyDave||posted 09-09-2007 03:28 PM||2904 views||1 time favorited||19 comments|
When we bought this house 20 years ago I replaced the windows with inexpensive vinyl ones. Eventually, the miters in the vinyl frames came unglued and would leak if the rain hit them the right way. We decided to replace the window (6’ wide by 3’ high) with an Andersen slider. When we pulled the old one we found rotted wood in the frame. We exposed the entire wall replaced the bad wood and reinsulated. Finally, I built cabinets and a window seat for the room (my daughter’s).
My wife did the painting, curtains and seat cushion.
I used birch ply and poplar for the cabintets. I made the drawers out of 1/2” ply with two coats of shellac.
I put more pictures at: http://home.comcast.net/~debridgeman/jebthumb.html
-- Dave _-^-_ Baltimore, MD