|Project by Jim Jakosh||posted 07-10-2016 09:56 PM||754 views||0 times favorited||18 comments|
I wanted something to try out my new collet holder so I made these 5 tops out of the branch I was told was iron wood. I made them in one string and cut all the stems to .500” and added the top detail. then I cut them free and tuned the bottoms in a collet. It really works slick and I don’t have the chuck jaws flying around my fingers. I finished them with Watco Butcher Block finish. I’ll give these away to some kids at the show on the 23rd. I may even make more from some different species.
They spin pretty good. (Photo 2)
-- Jim Jakosh.....Practical Wood Products...........Learn something new every day!! Variety is the Spice of Life!!