|Project by pashley||posted 12-30-2009 at 02:43 PM||1725 views||8 times favorited||9 comments|
I had built the original model for my parents-in-law for Christmas 2 years ago – my first clock (it’s the last picture). I put it up on my website, and someone wanted one for Christmas.
Well, I thought I could do a lot better, and I think I did with a similar, hopefully better, version.
I cannot stain to save my life, so I fumed this white oak for 2 hours which gave it a great tone and even color overall. Oh, here’s the kicker on that – I had the paduak already attached, and didn’t want it to color, so I masked it in duct tape, which actually worked pretty well. I wouldn’t have put on the paduak before fuming, but I thought I was going to stain it; that didn’t work out!
Anyhow, the client was pleased.
-- Have a blessed day! http://newmissionworkshop.com