|Project by Sioranth||posted 07-01-2016 01:15 PM||1077 views||1 time favorited||3 comments|
I picked up a pine log somewhere and had the idea to make coasters and a rustic holder for my dad’s camper for Father’s Day. Unfortunately, after cutting into the pine I realized it was no way dry enough to use the center for coasters but the outside edge was fine after a few days of drying, although it shrunk a LOT more than I would have thought!
I ended up using some cedar I had laying around for the coasters instead and I think it looks nice together. I used a lot of polyurethane on the bark after coating the entire thing with thin CA. Everything else is just finished with a spray lacquer.