|Project by PopsHuckster||posted 12-29-2009 04:00 AM||4810 views||3 times favorited||20 comments|
Finally at age 60 (a few years ago) I found the patience to use a scrollsw and not break a blade every 30 seconds. Over the years I’ve had 3 scrollsaws that wound up being sold or given away because I got frustrated as heck using them…NO PATIENCE! I bought another one (only $99 this time) and started on my scrollsaw journey. A Delta 16”. No variable speed, no quick change blade holder, etc. Bare bones.
My first projects were the wooden locks I’ll post another place. This was my attempt at a compound cut fretwork. Compound cuts mean that each individual piece has more than one plane to cut out. As an examle..the leaves had 2 cuts. One 90 degrees from the other. The first cut(s) actually cut the arc of the four leaves in a 1” square block. The second cut actually (90 deg to the block) cut out the outline of the leaves. Remove the tape and viloa…4 leaves fell out. Neat! The flower petals were cut the same way. The stems too. The vase was a little more involved because not only did it have outlines and arcs, it also had areas inthe sections that needed drilled and then cut out. Really a neat procedure.