or Join Now!
My first attempt at a scroll saw project.
Jun 28, 2016
home | projects | blog
4 posts in 126 days
Preview this project card
arts and crafts
647 posts in 615 days
#1 posted 06-28-2016 08:41 AM
Good start,looks very angry.
117 posts in 1236 days
#2 posted 06-28-2016 11:41 AM
My son would love that on his wall.
-- I doubt, therefore I might be
87 posts in 1509 days
#3 posted 06-28-2016 02:05 PM
Looks great, looks fairly thick too. how long did it take?
22528 posts in 2258 days
#4 posted 06-28-2016 03:04 PM
This piece is so nice. I really like it. Congratulations and welcome to Lumberjocks.
helluvawreck aka Charleshttp://woodworkingexpo.wordpress.com
-- If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. Henry David Thoreau
653 posts in 1920 days
#5 posted 06-28-2016 07:45 PM
Looks pretty cool, were did you get the print for the fish?
1673 posts in 2544 days
#6 posted 06-30-2016 09:29 PM
Very nice. If you cut them properly, you could probably use the off cut pieces for a second “negative” skeleton fish display.
-- Directions are just the Manufacturer's opinion on how something should be assembled. ----Mike, Waukesha, WI
#7 posted 07-01-2016 02:51 AM
The wood is 6/4 cedar that I milled. The print of the fish is from a pic that I found online…I drew it out by hand on the board…only because I couldn’t figure out how to download it and print it out. And it allowed me to make the changes to create a scroll saw design, it turned out better than the original. The total length of the project was only about 6 hrs. And like I said…this was the first time I’ve ever used a scroll saw. I went through about 30 blades before I got the hang of it. In hind site a thinner piece of wood would probably been easier…but the thick board gives it a more beefier look. The length of board I used was 34”, and the neck on the saw is only 18”...most of what I cut out came out in small chunks. I sanded it smooth and rounded all the sharp edges. Then I named a piece of geo-teck cloth to the back to give it a shadowed look. I left the cedar I stained for a natural look. I’ll see if I can add a finished photo. Thanks for all the comments.
#8 posted 07-01-2016 11:40 AM
Thanks for the info on the picture and how you created it.
Go to Pulse page »
©2016 Verticalscope Inc. All Rights Reserved. |
Terms of Service
DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.
Latest Projects |
Latest Blog Entries |
Latest Forum Topics