|Project by CreekWoodworker||posted 1577 days ago||2311 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
My wife was tired of the kitchen window blind draw strings falling into the sink and getting wet. She decided to fix the problem by using a painted metal cup hooks but made sure I was home to see her working on it. I thought no way… maybe it was her plan to get me moving before Christmas. Anyway I stopped work on my current project and built these cleats out of cherry and purple heart. Finished with 5 coats of tung oil. And most important of all I completed them before Christmas.
Hey Indiana_Parrothead, thanks again for the purple heart!
BTW… I had to make two because the window blind has strings on both sides of the window. One raises/lower the bottom of the blind, the other rasises/lower the top of the blind. To make two identical cleats I shaped the cleat out of one piece of cherry then used my bandsaw to slice them into two.
Thanks for looking
-- Mike ...Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction