|Project by RenaissanceMan||posted 06-12-2016 02:00 PM||1427 views||7 times favorited||15 comments|
I had some nice maple lying around and figured (pun intended) I’d use it for a small tea chest. This is the first time I made half blind dovetails and they put my repair skills to the test. Luckily walnut end grain is forgiving so the repairs are hardly noticeable. I used rare earth magnets for the hinges as an experiment, it did work but I think I’ll use my ‘traditional’ hinges for the next chest I’m going to build.
The finish is a couple of coats of boiled linseed oil and french polish. As in my other projects I did not use any electrical appliances, just elbow grease and a lot of free time.
Thanks for reading.